March 16, 2014

Pinned It and Did It!!!

                         
Swaddle Baby

I am sure by now most have heard of the website Pinterest! It's the site where whatever you have an interest in you can pin that item to a virtual bulletin board that you create! It's been a wonderful source of inspiration and great, creative resource for me! If you want to check it out for yourself visit:  http://www.pinterest.com/ 

I'll share with you a couple of projects that I pinned first and then re-created myself. One of the first things I attempted was a spray paint art project from http://shealynnbenner.com/2012/05/tutorial-7-spray-painted-doily-canvas/.  I changed the idea a little and spray painted over various sized paper doilies temporarily tacked to the canvases I was painting over. The base remained white and I sprayed here and there with various spray paint I had in orange, red and bronze. Here's the  final result:

Another passion I have is making door wreaths and accents and when I saw this pin I knew I had to recreate it for my door.  See the project at  http://frugalflourish.blogspot.ca/2010/09/fall-wreath-with-bling.html
 I love how it turned out so much that I made two of them! If you look closely you'll see I added nuts and purple potpourri pieces to use as filler accents, use whatever you have around! Here's my version of the Fall monogrammed wreath :



 Lastly, I'll share the easy, peasy sewing project that would make a nice gift for a little girl. I first saw it at  http://beccamariedesigns.blogspot.ca/2012/04/swaddle-baby-tutorial.html
 I had the top half of a doll that came from a wall accent I had disassembled so I was already half way there which made the project that much faster! Here's my little baby doll that I'll give to someone special when I see her again!!
Unwrapped view

I also recycled an old picture frame that had gotten tossed in the trash by a friend. I stripped out the picture and the glass, spray painted it and some clothespins. Next I pinned three rows of  jute string on it for her three kiddies to pin their art work up for display. Each one had their line labelled and a pack of stickers to decorate their sheet  of paper with for their first project!




No comments:

Post a Comment